Skip to main content


Nou Pale Kreyòl - Hablamos Español
Falomos Portugês

injury firm logo registered trademark

Call Us Today

Toll-free: 833-332-1333


My Case Was Dropped by Another Attorney, Can You Help Me?

It's a familiar scenario: you're in a tough spot, and you need legal help. So you go to an attorney, but after months of waiting and tens of thousands of dollars in bills, your criminal case is dismissed. You don't know what to do; who can you trust? If this has happened to you, don't worry - you're not alone. Millions of people each year find themselves in the same situation. Fortunately, there is hope.

There are many great attorneys out there who are more than willing to help If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges; you just have to know where to look. The Injury Firm is one such firm. We specialize in helping people who have been injured by the negligence of others, and we have a proven track criminal record of success.

If you've been dropped by another attorney, contact us today for a free consultation. We will help you evaluate your case and let you know what we can do to help because a criminal conviction can ruin the rest of your life. There's no obligation, and you won't be charged a thing unless we win your case.

Should I Terminate My Previous Agreement First?

If you've signed a contract with another attorney, you may be wondering if you need to terminate that agreement before working with us. The simple answer is no; you don't need to do anything. Once an attorney drops your case, they are no longer obligated to represent you. You're free to seek out new representation, and we would be more than happy to help you. But if you plead guilty to a felony or misdemeanor, you'll have to resolve that with the former attorney first.

What Are the Conditions for Terminating the Attorney-Client Relationship?

There are certain guidelines that must be followed when terminating the attorney-client relationship.

  1. You should give your attorney written notice of your intention to terminate the relationship. This written notice should include your name, the name of your case, and your lawyer's contact information. You should also include a statement that you have read and understand the terms of the notice. And also, include a copy of any documents that you have signed relating to the attorney-client relationship.

  2. You should make sure that all payments owed to your attorney have been paid in full. If you have any outstanding balances, you should make arrangements to pay them off as soon as possible.

  3. You should return all original documents and files that were given to you by your criminal defense attorney. These documents include but are not limited to, your will, power of attorney, trusts, contracts, and mortgages.

  4. You should notify all parties involved in your case of the change in legal representation. This includes, but is not limited to, the court, your spouse, your children, and any other individuals or entities that may be affected by the change.

  5. You should consider whether or not you need to hire a new attorney. If you do decide to hire a new attorney, you should take the time to interview several different lawyers before making a final decision.

  6. Finally, you should keep in mind that terminating the attorney-client relationship does not necessarily mean that your criminal case is dismissed. If your case is still pending, you will need to find a new lawyer to represent you. However, if your case has already been decided, the termination of the attorney-client relationship will have no effect on the outcome of your case.

Can My Previous Attorney Be Held Liable for Dropping My Case?

In some cases, yes. If your previous attorney was negligent in their handling of your case, you may be able to file a claim against them. For example, if they missed an important deadline or failed to adequately investigate your claim, you may have grounds for a malpractice suit.

Criminal cases can be very complex, so it's important to make sure that your attorney is always up to date on the latest developments. If you're not sure whether or not you have a case, we can help. We offer free consultations, and we'll be happy to evaluate your claim. Even if a criminal charge is dropped and the police arrest you again, we can provide you with the legal representation that you need.

Can I Hire Another Personal Injury Attorney?

If your case was dropped by another attorney, you may be wondering if you can hire another one. The answer is yes; you can hire another attorney. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind before doing so.

  • It’s important to understand why the first attorney dropped your case. There could be a number of reasons, such as a conflict of interest or insufficient evidence. If you know the reason, it may help you choose a new attorney who is better suited to handle your case.

  • You should make sure you are comfortable with the new attorney you hire. This means taking the time to meet with them, ask questions, and make sure they have the experience and resources to handle your case.

  • You will need to start the process of building your case from scratch. This means gathering physical evidence, interviewing witnesses, and preparing for court. Most lawyers negotiate a plea bargain before the case ever gets to trial on the court date. It’s important to remember that hiring a new attorney does not guarantee a successful outcome, but it can give you a better chance of success.

If you have any questions about hiring a new attorney or if you need help finding one, please contact us. We can help you choose the right attorney for your case and get started on the path to a successful outcome.

What if My Personal Injury Case Has Already Been Filed?

If your case has already been filed, you may still be able to hire a new attorney. However, it will be more difficult to do so. You will need to get the permission of the court and the other party in your case.

It’s also important to keep in mind that hiring a new attorney does not guarantee a successful outcome, but it can give you a better chance of success. Because as the prosecutors drop charges, the defense must be prepared to prove your case. The pretrial diversion program is another option, but it does require the approval of the prosecutor and court.

What if I Can't Afford a New Slip and Fall Injury Attorney?

We understand that many people who have been injured are struggling financially. That's why we offer contingency-based representation; this means that you won't owe us anything unless we win your case. You don't need to worry about upfront costs or hourly rates; we'll only get paid if we're successful. Guilty plea bargains can be avoided with the help of a good attorney, and we're here to provide you with that assistance for your legal rights.

When you're dealing with an injury, the last thing you need is financial stress. Let us handle your claim so that you can focus on what's important - your recovery.

Let Us Help You How Do Criminal Defense Attorneys Lessen or Dismiss Charges for Clients.

I'm Ready to Get Started - What Do I Do?

The first step is to contact us for a free consultation. We'll sit down with you and go over the details of your case. From there, we'll develop a customized plan to get you the compensation you deserve. We know how difficult this time can be, but we're here to help.

Police violated your rights, or were charges dropped due to insufficient or exculpatory evidence? We are well-versed in legal procedures and can help you assess your options. No matter what type of case you have, we'll work hard to get you the best possible outcome. Contact us today, and let our law firm put our experience to work for you.


Did Morgan & Morgan drop your case? Read More

Click this red box to read our google reviews on Google My Business

Click this white box with the Google logo to write a review about us on Google My Business

the inbjury law firm logo sm



1608 East Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334

Phone (954) 951-0000
Fax: (954) 951-1000

Toll-free: 833-332-1333
Click Here To Send Email



2536 Okeechobee Blvd.
West Palm Beach, Florida 33409

Phone (561) 990-4000

Toll-free: 833-332-1333
Click Here To Send Email



71 Commercial Street #40
Merchantile Building
Boston, MA 02109
(by appointment)

Toll-free: 833-332-1333
Click Here To Send Email



3379 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead)
Suite 555
Atlanta, GA 30326
(by appointment)

Toll-free: 833-332-1333
Click Here To Send Email



101 North Seventh Street
Suite 633
Louisville, KY 40202
(by appointment)

Toll-free: 833-332-1333
Click Here To Send Email


The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only.  This website may contain information about The Injury Firm's past results, testimonials about the firm or a lawyer within the firm, and statements regarding the quality of The Injury Firm's work product. This information has not been reviewed or approved by The Florida Bar. Please be advised that: 1) the facts and circumstances of your case may differ from the matters for which results and testimonials have been provided: 2) Not all results of cases handled by the firm or its lawyers are provided and not all clients have given testimonials; and 3) The results and testimonials provided are not necessarily representative of results obtained by the firm or by its lawyers or of the experience of all clients or others within the firm or its lawyers. Every case is different, and each client’s case must be evaluated and handled on its own merits.

Link To Review Our Privacy Policy


Please publish modules in offcanvas position.